Monday, July 4, 2016

Back to business

  Happy Independence Day Everyone! I hope you all enjoyed your day. Today, was an exciting day, Julius enjoys the water so much that he decided he was ready to learn how to swim. He hopes to become a strong swimmer so he can be a "frog man". We watched a  Navy SEAL training documentary and he was fascinated by the world of a Navy SEAL. So swimming lessons are a must for him. Sure he's five, and has his whole life ahead of him, but who said its too to early invest into his future? As parents we must support our children, after all we are our children's first teacher; until they begin their journey into school, whether it will be public or private, then it becomes the parents and teachers job to collaborate as one to encourage and teach our children. Being a young mother of three awesome children, I know that collaborating with faculty that do not whole-heartedly love their job can lead to a disaster or in this case a blog, several reports, emails and etc. Im sure you get the picture. it is a catastrophe waiting to happen. 

  When I got home today I was tired and in a sea of thoughts. I can't stress the corruption going on in that BRONX school. I remember I was in the main office and I expressed concerns about the busing because the Parent Coordinator(Bus Coordinator too) told me, my son would not be placed on the mini bus in October. I was then told "esa negra no sabe nada " by a Pupil Secretary. That means "that black female does not know anything". Now if you know the Parent Coordinator then you know she's dark-skin. I can not say that the staff in the school are racist but I will surely say that they are certainly prejudice. For an example, I am a pretty Latina, but my hair is course and my name is Shakima by my appearance you can't tell my nationality or race. I speak English very well as I do Spanish but I only speak Spanish when needed. Therefore, I have confused many people and have also heard a great deal of things like the one I described, however when things of that nature are overlooked by the principal that speaks volumes. What does that say about the "boss" clearly she has her favorites (minions) then she has those that she uses but will push off her ship without a problem. If I was on her band-wagon I would be concerned because at this point its every man for himself. So in my opinion, her friends (minions) should be careful. I'm sure with the things I have uncovered she will let her friends drown just so she can try to save herself. Although I don't think thats possible...

"It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation , and only one bad one to lose it" ~ Benjamin Franklin

*In this case many bad deeds.  

No comments:

Post a Comment